Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just Swingin' Along

The other day I took my youngest son to the park, just the two of us.  I was looking forward to hanging out on a bench in the shade, reading a book and sipping my beverage (Diet Pepsi from KwikShop).  Since we didn't have the other brother with us, my youngest decided that I needed to be his playmate.  While I sat reading my book on the bench as planned, he pleaded with me from his nearby spot on the swings to come and swing with him.  So........I put the book down and joined him.  It has been a while since I've been ON a swing.  I used to love swinging as a child, but as an adult it makes me kind of queasy.  Since he was happy to have me join him, I did swing with him for a few minutes, then I got my camera and snapped a bunch of photos of him playing on the swingset and slide.  It just so happens that this swingset and slide are the exact ones I played on as a child in the exact same park.  Although our park has two very nice new and "modern" pieces of play equipment, they have kept these relics from the past.  To be honest, when my sons were little and wanted to go on the "old" slide, it about gave me a heart attack.  Steep ladder and steps, shallows sides on the slide, etc.  The thought of climbing up that ladder myself kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies.  I'm a bit scared of heights..........even low heights.   I was able to evade having to go down the slide by using the excuse of being the photographer.  I'm so glad I gave in and hung out with him like this.  In a few years, he won't be asking "mama" to swing or slide with him anymore, moving inevitably on to bigger and better adventures and leaving mama behind.

Here are a few shots from our park outing..........













1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun day : ) How old is your son?

    ReplyDelete